The Blogger



I want to start this blog out with an introduction. 

Who am I? 

First, let me start with who I use to be:

Born and raised in North Las Vegas, Nevada I was fifth of 9 children. My family was 1) religious and 2) chaotic. Sometimes it was wild and loud and crazy in our house. 

I was extremely imaginative. I loved daydreaming and making up stories/games. I was also a social butterfly. I had a typical amount of nerdiness and weirdness.

With so many individuals living in one space we all had our own views on our life. We each had our own experiences. Mine, thankfully, were mostly positive. I was blessed to be optimistic and view things as "glass half full." This has made my life happier.


In high school I started dealing with depression and changed my claim to be not an optimist but a realist. I still claim "realist" to this day.

I married a realist as well. It can be hard sometimes. Life would be easier if my partner were an optimist. To look at the positive when I cannot. But, together we see the good and the bad in each situation. We try to be positive and optimistic because we know life is happier that way.

We have three children! We try to be optimistic in their sight. And to teach them to be optimistic. Children deserve a good life! They deserve to be healthy and happy and see "the good!"

If you want to be successful in life you have to see the positive. It will drive you to never give up. To "reach for the stars" as some people say. To dream big and make a good life for yourself.

 

I have had many dreams myself. As a child I dreamt of moving to Paris, France and writing poetry by a river. I dreamt my whole life of being a professional singer. Sharing my voice with the world.
I have always dreamt of being a mother and a wife.

Are our dreams obtainable? Are mine, specifically? My views on this have changed time and time again.

Now, today, I see that all of my dreams are obtainable.
1) I could have (not moved to but) visited Paris and written poetry by a river. I had the chance when I lived in Europe as a military spouse. It was no longer my dream and I did not make it happen. But realizing that even that dream was possible gave me a different view on how obtainable dreams really are. 

2) When I became a mother I thought that becoming a singer went out the window. That I had to choose one or the other as a young single adult. As if life ends when you hit middle age.
Now I see that I can sing. As my children are getting older I realize that I can share my voice at church and in my community as much as I want and no matter how old I get. No, I may never be on tv or even create an album. But I can cultivate my voice and share it the rest of my life.

3) My dream of getting married and having children came with many little pieces. I wanted a marriage that would last forever and be successful. Where both spouses would be happy in the marriage forever.
I wanted children that would be better for having me as a mom, and not worse. Ones that would be grateful for my personal efforts in raising them and not grow up to resent me.
And today I can say that I have the perfect family. Perfect for me, anyway.


My husband and I both made the decision in our youth to marry a Christian who had saved themselves for marriage. We made it! We "saved" ourselves and we found each other.
And even though God was our matchmaker and we are perfect for each other, our marriage has had it's trials. There have been plenty of bumps in the road. Plenty of forks too! Where we could have chosen to go one way or the other. We have fought to make it work. We have fought to remain together, unified, on the same path of life. Next summer we will hit our 15 year wedding anniversary. Our marriage is stronger than ever before. Because of those trials we went through and how we mended after them. 

Who am I ? I am so many things. A loving mother, a devoted wife, a housekeeper, a chef, a child from a large family, a Christian, a crafter, a tennis player, a singer, a painter, a writer, a teacher, a student. 

At age 36 I am still a student. Learning daily how to create the perfect marriage. How to be a better mother. How to listen to God. How to be a better friend. How to be a better sibling and child. 

Learning never stops in this life. Thank goodness for that.

My husband and I have lived four places since we got married. Having a baby at each of the first three bases. Currently we are stationed in Japan.

I hope that readers find me and enjoy what I have to share. Thank you for reading.
 









Comments